[j-nsp] SRX100 u-boot
Mohammad Khalil
2018-11-11 08:31:20 UTC
Hello all
I have my Juniper SRX 100h stuck in the u-boot mode
I have tried to download a new image on a USB stick , plugged it into the
device and tried to upgrade with no luck
Looked around but could not find a solution , anyone can help please?

BR,
Mohammad
Muhammad Atif Jauhar
2018-11-11 09:17:28 UTC
Hi Khalil,

Kindly follow below link to recover it.

https://forums.juniper.net/t5/SRX-Services-Gateway/Boot-problem-of-UBoot-srx240-having-status-LED-red/td-p/211103

Regards,

Muhammad Atif Jauhar
(+966-56-00-04-985)
Mohammad Khalil
2018-11-11 10:31:23 UTC
=> reset

U-Boot 1.1.6-JNPR-2.7 (Build time: Nov 26 2013 - 19:04:49)

Initializing memory this may take some time...
Measured DDR clock 266.62 MHz
SRX_100H2 board revision major:1, minor:0, serial #: BZ4214AF1453
OCTEON CN5020-SCP pass 1.1, Core clock: 500 MHz, DDR clock: 266 MHz (532
Mhz data rate)
DRAM: 2048 MB
Starting Memory POST...
Checking datalines... OK
Checking address lines... OK
Checking 512K memory for U-Boot... OK.
Running U-Boot CRC Test... OK.
Flash: 4 MB
USB: scanning bus for devices... 4 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus for storage devices... Read Error for
STMicroelectronics device 0
Not intializing this device, disabling autoboot
Device may need formatting, please issue command :
<nand_format> at console prompt to format
2 Storage Device(s) found
Clearing DRAM........ done
BIST check passed.
Boot Media: nand-flash usb
Net: pic init done (err = 0)octeth0
POST Passed
Press SPACE to abort autoboot in 1 seconds
=> nand-format
Unknown command 'nand-format' - try 'help'
Jonas Frey

Mohammad Khalil

Mohammad Khalil

Jonas Frey
2018-11-11 12:59:56 UTC
Are you stuck at the "=>" Uboot prompt or are able to reach loader>?
From loader> it should be pretty straight forward to reinstall junos
from a install media.

If you are stuck at "=>" then try:
boot
(should put you into loader>)

Or:
setenv loaderdev=net
reboot
(this should try to load via net, however it can take some time untill
it works - just be patient)

Or:
setenv loaderdev usb1:0
boot
(should force to load from usb1)

If you have a 2nd (same) SRX you could also try to do a "snapshort
media usb factory" to the USB stick and afterwards insert that stick
into the faulty SRX and force it to boot from there.

Post by Mohammad Khalil
[...]

mail
.com>

Post by Mohammad Khalil
Post by Muhammad Atif Jauhar
UBoot-srx240-having-status-LED-red/td-p/211103

Regards,

Muhammad Atif Jauhar
(+966-56-00-04-985)

l.co

Mohammad Khalil
2018-11-11 13:12:23 UTC
Thanks mate for the help
Actually , am stuck at the => and cannot reach the loader
I hit boot and nothing happened
setenv loaderdev net (without = because it gave me bad character)
reset
and again stuck in =>
Post by Jonas Frey
Are you stuck at the "=>" Uboot prompt or are able to reach loader>?
From loader> it should be pretty straight forward to reinstall junos
from a install media.
boot
(should put you into loader>)
Post by Mohammad Khalil
[...]
.com>
Mohammad Khalil
2018-11-15 10:14:22 UTC
Dears
I have formatted the USB using FAT32 , placed the image
Physical reset took place and now the nand_format is repeating itself !
Post by Jonas Frey
Are you stuck at the "=>" Uboot prompt or are able to reach loader>?
From loader> it should be pretty straight forward to reinstall junos
Post by Mohammad Khalil
[...]
.com>
Chris Cappuccio
2018-11-15 21:48:07 UTC
Post by Mohammad Khalil
Dears
I have formatted the USB using FAT32 , placed the image
Physical reset took place and now the nand_format is repeating itself !
see https://kb.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB14175

assuming your TFTP server is at 192.168.1.1 and the SRX100 loader firmware
file is simply named 'loader' on your TFTP server, you can load the
loader like this:

=> setenv serverip 192.168.1.1
=> setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.2
=> setenv netmask 255.255.255.0